The Kingsburgh Boathouse was the original boathouse and store for the historic Kingsburgh House where Bonnie Prince Charlie stayed after being rowed ‘over the sea to Skye’ from North Uist with Flora MacDonald in June 1746.
It was lovingly restored in recent years by Skye’s best craftsmen and is now a luxury self catering cottage. Built within the footprint of the original structure, the stonework has been restored to give contemporary elegance and comfort within a sturdy stone cottage, built to withstand the rigours of the Atlantic setting.
Kingsburgh is totally secluded – and the Boathouse is spectacularly located just a few steps from the private rocky shoreline. The view southwards is of the whole Cuillin mountain ridge and to the north, the distant hills of South Harris frame the outlook beyond the nearer Ascrib Isles.